There are many benefits to referencing the internet when planning your wedding and here are some valuable tips to make your online wedding invitation shopping experience successful.
Shopping for wedding invitations online has become popular as many couples are choosing to benefit from the convenience of the internet in many aspects of their wedding planning. In addition to the advantages of buying your invitations online, your shopping experience can be enhanced with some helpful tips.
Wedding planning overall can be hectic so these pointers should help ease your online wedding invitation shopping.
Tips for Successfully Ordering Wedding Invitations Online:
- Start Early – Shop and order early to accommodate regular shipping time and avoid paying rush charges.
- Testimonials – Review the website for positive reviews from previous customers, the more the better.
- Contact Information – Make sure the retail website you are ordering from lists contact or customer service information, especially a phone number in case you have questions or concerns.
- Product Images – Look for the option to enlarge or zoom in on each individual wedding invitation image. This will let you see design features and coloring up close.
- Descriptions – Read them carefully for specific details about the paper and design colors since colors may appear differently on your computer than in reality. Also pay particular attention to exactly what is included in the invitation price so you know what you may need to separately purchase. If any customer assembly is required, this should also be listed.
- Samples – Ordering samples, though they may be blank, lets you see your favorite wedding invitation designs up close so you can narrow down your choices.
- Proof – Carefully inspect all information that will be printed on your wedding invitations AND have another person also proof before your order is finalized. If the option is offered, email your online proof to family and friends.
- Extras – Order a few extra invitations to prevent running out and having to order only a few more later which can be costly. Purchasing a few more envelopes can also be helpful to allow for addressing mistakes.
- Ordering – Include everything you will need when placing your online wedding invitations order to save on separate shipping costs later. Depending on your wedding, additional items to order may include response cards, reception cards, thank you cards, direction or map cards, menu cards, table cards, place cards, even rehearsal invitations if you already know all those details. It’s true that not all of these items will be included when mailing your wedding invites, but they may be needed before, during or after your wedding so ordering them at the same time will save both time and money.
Be sure to take advantage of the many online wedding stationery retailers by doing some comparison shopping when it comes to designs and styles as well as pricing and customer reviews. Keeping in mind the tips listed here while you are shopping and finalizing your online wedding invitations purchase will keep you on the right track for a successful buying experience.